Saturday, February 28, 2009

Alone Time

I have always wondered what will happen to going on dates once I am engaged. Will I still go on them? Will they be as fun as they were when I was simply a girlfriend to my boyfriend? Would we still try new and crazy things together? Or would the busyness of planning a wedding, finding an apartment, working out a budget, and preparing for the rest of our lives together take over everything we use to do together and the fun we have always had? (Not that those thing aren't fun!)

How thankful and happy I am that, that is not how it is! Yes we are twice as busy now than before, but that is not stopping us from having the time of our lives! Last night for example is a perfect example. We tried out two brand new activities and had a blast. It was nothing extravagant or wild, but so, so much fun. It's wonderful to not allow yourself to get to caught up in the planning or excitement of a wedding that you forget to cherish every minute of each other right now. How easy it would be to just plan and plan and forget us.

I believe with all my heart that it is so important to take time each week to completely forget about the wedding and all that needs to be done and simply enjoy each other.

4 comments:

Anu Lal said...

Hi,I read your blog. that is fantastic keep this good work going.

Historian Anne said...

Very true! Good thing to keep in mind throughout the rest of your lives. :)

Kristi said...

"Time each week to completely forget about the wedding." Good advice sis--I'll tuck it away.
Love ya

Corina said...

ditto the last quote! I like that :)