Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Proposal - Part 3

I remember trying so hard to hide what I was thinking from Luke. I was turned away from him facing the diner so he couldn't see my shocked expression.

"Of all places in Bellingham he chose this one? The one place I told him I never wanted to go too?"

"It looks...cute."

I offered with a brave smile, looking up at him.

"And I'm sure the food is really good. Maybe they have a nice booth in the corner somewhere."

Just then the sign in the window caught my eye "CLOSED ON MONDAYS". Luke looked shocked and embarrassed when he saw the sign. He insisted that the Internet said it was open every day of the week. He started apologizing and asking me where we should go instead.

"Uh, how about Boundary Bay?"

I had never been there, but that was the first sign that caught my eye. Luke glanced around frantically trying to figure out what to do and I started feeling sorry for him. He asked if he could use my cell to phone a few places.

"Luke, we can go anywhere, I really don't mind at all! How about Costco? I've been craving a frozen yogurt all day."

Just then a big smile spread across his face.

"No need lady. Turn around, our ride is here".

I turned and saw a yellow, Bellingham taxi cab pulling up next to us. I just stared at it not knowing what I should do or if it was even for us. Next thing I knew Luke was opening the door and pulling me towards it. I was feeling very bewildered and confused, but also completely comfortable because I knew Luke had everything worked out just like he always does.

Luke looked at the Cabi drive and said:

"Please don't mention the location, she doesn't know here we're going."

5 comments:

Kimi said...

Sorry I didn't get very far. Lunch breaks should be longer...

Balvanz said...

LOL...Costco? Frozen yogurt? You're too cute!!!

Stormgirl said...

Oh my Kimi... this story is so great. I love the responses you had... :D

. me . said...

Awww! I love it!

Corina said...

oh! my! gosh! this is such a cute story Kimi! and I'm so thrilled to have found your blog :o)
... waiting for p. 4...