Saturday, February 14, 2009

Buying My Dress

Ever since I went with my older sister Kati to pick out her wedding dress I have been dreaming of the day when it would be my turn. Everything about picking out a wedding dress is wonderful. The atmosphere, the lovely consultants, the sparkles, and of course the hundreds of beautiful, gorgeous gowns.

Originally I was planning on finding my dress with my sisters Kati and Kristi, but I became to excited and went a week early with my Mom, Kelsey, Kaylie, and Greta (my almost Mother-in-Law!).

All I can say is when you go to a large wedding boutique like David's Bridal, have a plan in mind! Know what style of dress you are looking for. Otherwise you will get lost and dizzy! I had brought along a few pictures of my favorite dresses and thankfully we were able to find them. My consultant was very friendly and not pushy in the least bit. She went out of her way to find dresses she thought I would like and she stayed right within the price range I gave her. She was even honest enough to tell me that I could find cheaper tiaras elsewhere.

The first dress I tried on looked like something a Roman or Greek Queen would wear. I loved it, but in all honesty my conscience wouldn't let me buy it. However, the second dress that was slipped over my head felt wonderful. It made me feel like a princess. My consultant added a veil and tiara and I couldn't help twirling around just a bit. My consultant told me to picture myself walking down the aisle, to my almost husband. I believe I got a little lost in that dream for a few minutes before I realized that I was still in a store and my wedding was still over seven months away.

So the second dress I tried on was the one I ended up buying. Sadly I couldn't afford the veil as well, but while I was paying for the dress Greta came up and whispered.

"If you want the veil I'll buy it for you."

So now I have a fiance, a dress and a veil (thank to Greta!). What else do I need for a wedding?

Oh right, shoes. Payless here I come!

5 comments:

Balvanz said...

So wonderful!!! I just can't wait to see it!!!

Bright Hope said...

Fun! I've heard that a bride knows her dress as soon as she puts it on. Glad you were able to find yours so quickly! That was sweet that your almost-mother-in-law wanted to buy the veil for you! ~ Britty Mac

Stormgirl said...

Oooh... I can't wait to see your dress. It sounds so perfect. What fun to see all those beautiful dresses and feel like a princess. And that is so sweet that you know have a veil... what a thoughtful future mother-in-law!

Historian Anne said...

Fun!!! How nice to find a dress so quickly! Just by the second dress! Veils, I love their significance of purity and protection. They can be so symbolic and some wonderful performances can be tied with it.

. me . said...

Oh! How fun! I can't wait to see! You're gonna be so gorgeous! And that was so sweet of your future mother-in-law to buy you the veil. Can't wait to see it all!