Monday, February 2, 2009

Proposal - Part 2

January 12, 2009

The day was cold, but not windy. I remember very well that it wasn't windy because I was getting my hair done for Luke and wind has a tendency to ruin something like that.

The week before Luke had asked me if we could do something nice for our one-year anniversary. The fact that he wanted it be nice was not surprising at all. We both love going out on nice dates and getting dressed up for each other. There is something so special about taking extra time just to look perfect for the other person. (I'll write more about that fact in a later posting) This particular date however, Luke not only asked me to get my hair done, but to also get a manicure and to take off of work early just to make sure I had plenty of time for myself. Again, this didn't really surprise. At first I was annoyed for having to miss the last few hours of work which meant losing money, but who can really object to getting pampered for an afternoon? All throughout that day Luke would call me with different ideas of restaurants we could try out. This ranged from The Big Fat Fish Company to Hearthfire to Skylarks. That was probably the most surprising to me: The fact that he didn't have a plan of where to go...

I should mention that my co-worker, Katie Lee, was insistent that Luke was proposing that night. I tried to tell her that it wasn't going to happen for at least two more months, but that would not sway her. So when I left work early that day, I left promising to text her immediately if anything happened.

6:00 finally rolled around and Luke picked me up from my house as promised dressed up and ready for the night. I always feel underdressed when Luke is wearing a suit. No matter how nice my dress is, it just never compares to a handsome man wearing a coat and tie. On the way into Bellingham, Luke was still trying to decide what restaurant sounded the best. Finally he parked the car on a side street and we walked up the hill toward State Street. Again, I was very grateful there was no wind!

Luke suddenly stopped in front of a little restaurant. It was the little restaurant I told him I never, ever wanted to go to. Something about it made me uncomfortable. However, Luke insisted that he read two good reviews on the place and thought that we should try it out. I just stared and him and then back at the restaurant. I was thinking:

"We're dressed up for this?!"

7 comments:

Kimi said...

I'm sorry if this is painfully boring to some of you, but I want to remember everything so badly that I can't leave anything out. :)

Emily said...

Awww, Kimi, this is so fun! I love all the little details you've included!! Can't wait for more!!

Kelsey said...

I love hearing about the details, Kimi! Even though I've heard them already! Don't wait too long for part 3!

Stormgirl said...

Oh Kimi... the details are what we love!!! I want pt. 3 now!

Roxy Girl said...

Hello Kimi!
I just found your blog! How Fun!!
Please just sit down and post the next part!!
I love hearing about couple's engagements, each one is so differant!!
I'm so happy for you!
Now you can really start planning the wedding on your breaks at work!! :)

Balvanz said...

Oooh, can't wait for part 3!!!!

. me . said...

Ok...I'm dying for the rest of the story!!!