Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 2, Day 1

Luke Update: 


Aced his first test (which some of the seniors says is the hardest one), is a contender for class president (I have mixed feelings about that), and is drowning in assignments! Saturday we were up well past midnight working on papers, memos, and case studies. He lost 4 pounds the first week and weighs less than he did on our wedding day (has lost a total of 27 pounds since March). Personally I like a man who is not skinny so I am looking forward to putting some meat back on him once this is over. My favorite part of the weekend was learning the defensive tactics he was taught. If I'm ever in danger of being arrested, I have a pretty good idea of how to get away since I know what moves they're gonna use....not that I'm planning on getting arrested anytime soon. He is struggling with time management and prioritizing his projects so he will have to get a handle on that, but overall week one was a great success! It's still a long, long road in front of him though and he still has doubts that he will pass everything in order to graduate. 


Did you Know:
Bullet proof vests have an expiration date on them and,
22% of rookie cops will wear sunglasses while it is dark outside. Cool dudes ya know..


Week two is starting out much harder than week one for me. My motivation and energy is way down. It took all my will power just to throw in a load of laundry this morning. I miss him much more this week and can't wait for Friday. Gwen is my little sidekick though and we have lots to do together, but right now that little sidekick needs to take a nap!


Saying Goodbye


1 comment:

Roxygirl said...

Love the updates!!!
It's great that you have plans for the time he is away....