Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 3, Week 1 - The Wills and Will Nots

Luke Update:


Luke calls at about 5:20 every day. They have to be done with training by 5:00 otherwise Luke and the other recruits get paid overtime and none of their departments want to pay overtime. He is doing very well. He sent me pictures of his room and some of the facilities whch unfortunately I'm not allowed to post. I was surprised how spacious and nice the dorms were. According to the seniors, yesterday for the new recruits was "Hell Day" and this whole week is called "Hell Week". I was so anxious to hear from Luke to see how he survived. I asked him to tell me honestly how it was and this was his reply: "It is SO Awesome!" Enough said.


Here is my little list of the will and will nots for my summer while Luke is away:

I will make the bed every day (a habit which I let slip while Luke was on swing shift. It's hard to make a bed while there is still someone in it).

I will not neglect my nails. Luke loves it when I've taken the time to give myself a pedicure and in the Summer time when flip-flops and going barefoot are the norm, I have to make sure I keep my nails looking pristine!

I will have the kitchen completely spotless before going to sleep each night.

I will not once feel sorry for myself that I am husbandless 5 nights out of the week.

I will get 20 minutes of exercise in every day. Most of the time it will be more than this, but it will be at least this.

I will spend an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening organizing and cleaning.

I will use the same plate, cup, and utensils, throughout the day. Rinse and reuse, rinse and reuse....

I will not burden Luke with anything while he is home. For the next 5 months he needs to be completely focused and I will be just fine.

I will take care of all car maintenance from here on out. He doesn't need to spend his valuable free time changing the oil and replacing break lights.

I will show Gwen pictures of her Daddy every day and tell her how wonderful he is.

I will take a picture of Gwen each day so Luke can see the cute outfits I dress her in.

I will not neglect my hair or makeup just because my husband is gone. That is a dangerous road to go down!

I will skimp on the mascara while he gone to save a little $$.

I will not hog Luke on the weekends. I understand he will want to see his family and friends sometimes.

I will not be stressed or guilty if I fail to meet some of my goals.

I will pray Luke multiple times throughout the day.

I will thank the Lord every day that I get to be a stay-at-home Mom to my little girl and future children (more on this to come).






4 comments:

Only One Life said...

Plan your work and work your plan...you will do great girl! I love your sweet resolves.

Kelsey said...

I had to laugh when you said "It's hard to make a bed while there is still someone in it". =)

abigail said...

GO KIMI! =)

Kyle and Corina said...

Wow you are dedicated!! Way to go! I love those goals, sooo good.

I did read your last sentence with some curiosity... :D