Thursday, March 20, 2014

What It Is

*In two weeks night shift for my officer will turn to swing shift.

*Which means I go to bed alone and wake up with a man next to me. Scandalous!

*The past 6 weeks have been the 2nd most challenging journey in my life.

*I love Luke more than I could ever hope to express.

*I'm frustrated with rules.

*More than anything I want to love God and my family and finally not care what others think.

*I would love to be able to lose weight faster. This 1 pound a week thing is getting old.

*I'm actually emotional over the fact I'm no longer nursing Summer.

*My number one prayer request for 7 years was answered 5 months ago.

*My sisters are people who I would die for without a second thought.

*I have so much to learn.

*The police scanner has been my best friend through the past six months of night shift.

*Nothing beats hearing cop stories at 6:30 am while sipping coffee. No better way to start the day as far as I'm concerned.

*I hope I can raise my girls to love Jesus and not man-made rules.

*It's been a long 3 weeks since I've been in church and I can't believe how much I miss my church family.

*Realizing that surrounding yourself with people much different than you is a good thing.

*I like having a job, but don't want it forever.

*Homeschooling is a very daunting thought.

*I could never explain just how much I appreciate my pastor, but I'll try.

*My two princesses teach me more about humility, flexibility, strength, endurance, determination, tenacity, and kindness than anything I've every experienced.

3 comments:

Kyle and Corina said...

Love these beautiful thoughts! :)
~ Corina

Annie said...

I love the honesty, simplicity, and sweetness of your little updates! <3

Only One Life said...

Kimi...I love your personality flowing through this post, but most of all I love your honesty. Be encouraged with 1 pound a week.... that is basically what I averaged to lose my 80! You go girl!