Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 14, Day 2 Kickboxing!

Luke Update: One month and 7 days to go until I get him back for good. This will be the longest and hardest month of his life. From here on it it's nothing but tests and mock scenes. Pray for him! Some of the mock scenes can be brutal and during one his partner busted his elbow and had to have surgery. He will be washing out of this class and rejoining another class once his shoulder heals. I'm just praying that Luke stays injury free! Luke's class had their EVOC week a few weeks ago. They drove down to the Troopers Academy and used their drive course. Luke brought along a camera and got some awesome footage of spins, skids, swerves, hydroplaning, ect. Sadly I'm not allowed to share the pictures here. Luke gave me a tour of the academy. It was similar to a college dormitory, but much more stark and bare. I was appalled that he didn't have a single picture of me hanging up in his room, but then realized everyone puts pictures of their family on a bulletin board in one of the classrooms and there he had several of me. :)

After three years of nagging/begging/pleading, Luke got me to sign up for kickboxing! I tried every excuse out there not to do them: To expensive, no babysitter, I don't know anyone, I'm not in good shape ect. He insisted once I started I would love it. So here I am on week two of kickboxing and yes, Luke was right. I love it. He didn't just want me to sign up for the exercise (which is killer), but to also meet more people and just have an outlet for all my energy. Since becoming a mommy my social life had definitely declined and he could tell it was bothering me. Now every morning from 9:00-10:00 I am getting the most amazing workout with some pretty cool people. Most of them have been doing kickboxing for years, but they are patient with me and as long as I try my absolute hardest no one gets annoyed about being stuck with the new girl. :) At the one week mark I was down 3 pounds (silly me was hoping for more, but I know that's just not practical). My friends and family get a HUGE thank-you for splitting the babysitting up so Gwen always has a place to go. I'm planning on taking them all out individually for dinner once Luke is done with academy. If anyone is every interested in joining me for kickboxing, let me know and I'll get you the details. Trust me, you'll love it!

1 comment:

Historian Anne said...

Good to hear an update! Glad you are enjoying that class! Its so fun to find an exercise group that really fits with you.