Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 10, Day 2

Luke Update:
Not much to report. Completed and passed his midterm DT skills test, but we weren't worried about that one since he attends all the extra DT sessions each morning. He is an actor for the senior class during their mock scene finals. Basically he and others will be posing as the bad guys inside of dark buildings and will try to beat up, run from, or just cause trouble to the police officers. He's pretty excited to dress and act like a punk. Thursday he will be sitting down with TAC Officers and will be informed on how they think he is doing. What they say will be relayed to his department whether it's good or bad.

Saturday Luke and I enjoyed a delicious (and expensive) dinner at Anthony's while Kelsey and Annie babysat Gwen. We went all out and purchased happy hour drinks, soup, entrees and dessert. I was pretty nervous about the bill, but throughout dinner Luke kept saying "Go all out". Once he got the bill and saw the amount a big smile spread across his face and he sad:
"There. I made up for taking you to the food court last week". (Note: I asked him to take me to the food court. They make the best Indian food this side of the border)

After dinner we walked along the pier and stumbled across at least two, but maybe three weddings. Back at the car Luke insisted he give me a Field Sobriety Test before driving. I kept giggling which he claimed meant I was guilty about some other crime. He gave me the test three times before he was convinced I could drive. I never did make it through a complete one without laughing, but I did get us home safely.

Sunday morning came and since I was still getting over a cold we went for a walk at Boulevard instead of attending church. Of course the walk led us to Fairhaven, which led us to Skylarks, which led us to a delicious breakfast under the big tree along the cobblestone path. After breakfast we headed back to Boulevard and spent an hour or so barefoot walking along the grass and playing with Gwen. I also told Luke that if I were to die, he needed to remarry as soon as possible for Gwen's sake. I then gave him a list of girls he could marry that I thought would make a good mother to Gwen. He thought the whole conversation was completely ridiculous, but I felt better knowing my baby would always have a Mommy. I also asked him if he had a list for me and this was his reply:
"Yeah, no one I know".

Eventually we left and I quickly made Luke his favorite Blueberry coffeecake to take back with him to the academy. I wish every weekend could be as lovely and simple as this one. Friday can't get here fast enough!

Luke giving Gwen a crawling lesson

3 comments:

Kimi said...

I should explain....I wasn't even close to being tipsy. I had 1/2 a small margarita. Luke was just taking the opportunity to practice on me. I get practiced on a lot. :)

Kyle and Corina said...

Aw what a CUTIE post. Glad you had such a great weekend. Along the topic of dying, don't forget the couple of songs I gave you, and I might need to get your list again ;) So funny how us girls want to get everything lined up for such morbid things and our husbands are like "what? stop talking like that." :o)

Kyle and Corina said...

Time for an update! :)