Friday, October 23, 2015

I was feeling sick. I don't even remember falling asleep, but when I woke up it was three hours later and well past dinner time. I stumbled out of my bedroom and into the kitchen were Luke was sweeping the floor.

"Luke I am so sorry! I don't know how I slept for so long!"

With a very satisfied expression, he replied:

"I cooked, cleaned, AND decorated while you slept."

I looked around and he wasn't kidding. Dinner was made, the house was spotless, and there were fall decorations throughout the home.

Can I just go on record that I love this man? What might sound like a simple and perhaps boring exchange between us, is something I will treasure and always remember. I don't even think he knows what he does for my heart day after day. The above exchange is not rare for him/us. It characterizes him. It a society where being a servant is belittled and thought weak for a man, he goes out of his way to serve me and our daughters consistently. Whether it's letting me sleep in on HIS days off. Whether it's taking the girls grocery shopping so I can have some quiet, Whether it's pulling a dozen overtime shifts so we can afford to keep our home or whether it is using all of his birthday cash to buy the girls their first school curriculum. He is a sacrificial, caring man. He is the epitome of:

"If you want to be great in God's Kingdom, you must first be a servant of all."

No comments: