Friday, June 19, 2015

After a full 8 hours of nonstop physical activity in the middle of a two-week Defensive Tactics Instructor course, he fell into bed exhausted. One hour later his phone read:

"GET TO PD ASAP. BEARCAT ENROUTE" (exact information not included)

I was given two kisses on his way out the door. I brought my oldest daughter to bed with me and tried to get some sleep knowing that if anything happened to him I would need to be well rested. 4:30 am I heard the door open. Everything went well. It was a pretty standard situation. He fell into bed and slept for 1 more hour before getting up for another day of body bruising defensive tactics. 

I just spoke to him on the phone. No complaints. He's as happy as can be and he passed all his tests with no problems. 

The strength, tenacity, professionalism, and dedication is inspiring to watch.


No comments: