Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oh, the Knowledge


Yesterday evening Luke took me on a date to Bayou on the Bay. It was our first Creole cuisine experience together and Bayou will definitely be seeing us again. Not only is the restaurant in the heart of downtown Bellingham which always makes a fun environment, but they really captured the Southern/French atmosphere. I could easily picture us eating out in New Orleans, Mobile, Guthrie, and so on rather than Bellingham in Northwest Washington. During dinner which consisted of Alligator, crawfish, prawns, fried potatoes, vegetables, rice, seared tuna, and cornbread I started listing off to Luke the new experiences I have been through because of him and the things that he has taught me. Here is my list, not a complete list, but the list I came up with over dinner:


Luke has taught me to:
  • Drive a stick shift
  • Grill a steak
  • Ballroom dance
  • Sing "O Holy Night" on key
  • Barter with street vendors
  • Bench press
  • Stand up to sleazy men
  • Shoot an assault rifle
  • Mix drinks
  • Replace car brakes (saves a couple $100)
  • Change the oil in my car
  • Buzz heads
  • Wakeboard
  • Play video games
  • Make the perfect gravy for biscuits and gravy
  • Gourmet cook
  • Tell the difference between quality furniture and cheap furniture (he takes everything apart right there in the store!)
  • Play poker
  • Never give up
  • Chill out
  • Sit still
Luke has given me an Appreciation for:
  • Hockey
  • Fine Wine
  • Any and all types of Seafood (minus oysters)
  • History
  • Fancy clothes
  • Muse (music band)
  • Opera
  • B&B's
  • Watching movies not in fast forward mode
  • Filmmaking
Luke has inspired me to:
  • Become the best cook EVER
  • Pray more
  • Whine less
  • Be content no matter what
  • Run a marathon (or ½)
  • Be spontaneous (Luke is very spontaneous)
  • Give up my pettiness
  • Eat healthy
  • Trust God more
  • Stay calm in the midst of strife
  • Not take it personally
Like I said, this is what I came up with over dinner. I'm sure there is more, but this is a good start.

2 comments:

abigail said...

Fantastic list! You remind me of myself in so many ways...your posts make me giggle to myself. :) Luke is quite the keeper! I love the ways he's made you go out on a limb and the new skills he's helped you develop. So cool. Go Kimi! :)

Historian Anne said...

Love that post! So sweet to hear all you've learned.